- 19 member airlines: Air France, KLM, Aeroflot, Aerolíneas Argentinas, Aeromexico, Air Europa, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern Airlines, CSA, Delta, Kenya Airways, Korean Air, MEA, Saudia, Tarom, Vietnam Airlines and Xiamen Airlines.
- 552 million passengers every year
- 15,465 daily flights
With 15,465 daily flights to 1,000 destinations worldwide, SkyTeam offers a vast global network, structured around the members airlines’ powerful hubs which are real assets for the SkyTeam alliance: for example, Air France and KLM’s hub at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam-Schiphol, Delta’s hub in Atlanta (the biggest in the world), Korean Air’s hub at Seoul Incheon (an ultra-modern hub) and Aeromexico’s hub in Mexico (the leading hub in Latin America).
The transatlantic JV
- Close to:
- 25% of transatlantic capacity,
- 300 destinations in North America,
- 200 destinations in Europe, Asia and Latin America,
On 20 May 2009, AIR FRANCE KLM and DELTA AIR LINES signed a joint-venture agreement based on joint operations and the sharing of revenue and costs of their transatlantic operations.
The joint venture represents:
- Close to 25% of total capacity on North Atlantic routes;
- Geographical scope covering routes between Canada, the United States, Mexico and Europe as well as routes between Amsterdam and India and North America and Tahiti;
- The hubs at Amsterdam, Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis, New York-JFK and Paris-CDG and the secondary hubs at Cincinnati, Memphis and Salt Lake City;
- 3 partners (Air France, KLM and Delta) who operate transatlantic routes by coordinating operations and sharing revenue on their transatlantic network.
The joint-venture provides customers with direct benefits:
- A more varied choice with more frequencies and adapted schedules,
- A vast network with 30 daily flights operated by approximately 135 aircraft,
- 26 entry points in North America - 33 in Europe,
- Close to 300 destinations in North America,
- Close to 200 destinations in Europe, Asia and Latin America,
- Competitive fares,
- Standardized in-flight and ground services.